ABOUT THE ORGANISATION AND THE ROLE
The SA Zionist Federation Cape Council, an umbrella organisation for all Zionist Organisations in the community, provides the bridge between the Jewish community in the Western Cape, South Africa and Israel. It also acts as a point of contact for stakeholders in Israel and SA interested in furthering the Israel–SA relationship.
Over and above general operational projects, the SAZF Executive Director is also responsible for the following projects / organisations in the Western Cape: The Jacob Gitlin Library, The South African Friends of Israel, The Diller Foundation, oversight of the Habonim camp site and shared oversight (with national SAZF) of the Netzer camp site, The Israel Centre (including the Aliyah department) and The Jewish National Fund.
They are looking for a passionate and strategic thinking Executive Director to drive their projects and oversee their operations going forward.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Director is responsible for all organizational output including but not limited to:
- Reach out to key audiences within the Western Cape, including schools and non-Jewish organisations, to advocate effectively on behalf of Israel.
2. Relationship Building and Outreach
- Build and sustain strong relationships with the SAZF Cape Council MANCOM and National SAZF professional staff and lay leadership.
- Build productive and sustainable relationships with key individuals and organisations, from within the Jewish community (locally and nationally) and outside of the Jewish community; within South Africa, Israel and around the world.
3. Marketing and Fundraising
- Drive marketing and fundraising initiatives for SAZF Cape Council projects and for Israel.
4. Strategic planning and programming
- Drive the organisational strategic planning process and ensure that all programmes and events are aligned with the organizational vision and mission.
- Ensure that all internal stakeholders are brought into the organizational mission and ensure ongoing rerport-backs on progress.
- Oversee the execution of the strategic plan.
5. Financial Administration and budgets
- Set the yearly organisational budget in consultation with the Treasurer.
- Ensure adherence to the budget and maintain tight oversight of organisational expenditure.
6. Team Management
- Serve as line manager for all staff responsible for SAZF Cape Council Projects.
REQUIRED SKILL & EXPERIENCE
1. Education and qualifications
- A relevant tertiary qualification is essential; a focus on history and exposure to advocacy is a distinct advantage.
2. Work experience and industry exposure
- Minimum 5 – 7 years management-level experience is essential, experience in a communal or NGO environment is desirable.
- Experience with financial management (budgets, costing and finance) and fundraising.
- Experience with building and running educational programmes is a distinct advantage.
- HR Management exposure is desirable.
3. Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent command of the English language is essential with the ability to drive organisational communication and correspondence.
- A good listener with the ability to communicate in a responsible way with different stakeholders.
- A clear, concise and efficient communication style with the ability to effectively liaise with people from all ages, stages of life and streams of Jewish Religion.
- A natural networker, able to serve as an effective and inspiring organisational ambassador.
- Proficient public speaker and debater, able to manage difficult situations and personalities in a calm and rational manner.
- The ability to build productive relationships with the Jewish and broader community.
4. Administration Skills
- Strong organisational skills including planning, delegating, programme development and task facilitation.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to manage budgets, project invoices etc.
- A confident team collaborator who is self-driven and has an organised and systematic approach to their work.
- A flexible individual who is able to work autonomously while maintaining open channels of communication with a team.
5. Specific Requirements
- A solid understanding of the Israeli political and social landscapes.
- Discerning knowledge of the Middle East political scenario inasmuch as it affects Israel.
- A passion to promote the cause of Zionism and Israel.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relationships unique to the non-profit sector.
- An interest in and good grasp of both the local Jewish Community and general Jewish culture.
- Comfortable representing the organisation at Jewish and other religious events and institutions.
Please email Loren Kolevsohn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 7th August 2020, 2pm
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of application deadline, kindly consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Business & Management, Community & Social Welfare|
|Interested?||Please email Loren Kolevsohn: email@example.com|
|Salary range:||R40 000 – R60 000 a month CTC package (commensurate with skill and experience)|
|Nature of contract:||Permanent|
|Hours of work:||Full time|
|Location:||Gardens, Cape Town|
|Benefits:||Pension and medical aid, Discretionary Performance-based bonus, all Jewish Holidays off, Parking, petrol reimbursement and cell phone allowance.|
|Start date:||15th November 2020|
|Closing date for Applications:||7th August 2020, 2pm|