Director – South African Zionist Federation Cape Council
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION AND THE ROLE
The SA Zionist Federation Cape Council, an umbrella organisation for all Zionist Organisations in the Western Cape Jewish community, provides the bridge between the Jewish community in the Western Cape, South Africa and Israel. The national organisation also acts as a point of contact for stakeholders in Israel and SA interested in furthering the Israel – SA relationship.
Over and above general operational projects, the SAZF Director is also responsible for the following projects / organisations in the Western Cape: The South African Friends of Israel, The Diller Foundation, oversight of the Habonim camp site and shared oversight (with national SAZF) of the Netzer camp site, The Israel Centre (including the Aliyah department) and The Jewish National Fund.
They are looking for a passionate and proactive Director to execute their strategy, drive their projects and oversee their operations going forward.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Executive Director is responsible for all organisational output including but not limited to:
1. Team Management
- Serve as line manager for all staff responsible for SAZF Cape Council Projects.
2. Marketing & Fundraising
- Drive marketing and fundraising initiatives for SAZF Cape Council projects and for Israel.
- Events management.
3. Strategic management and programming
- Together with the committee, build a strategic plan and ensure that all programmes and events are aligned with the organisational vision and mission.
- Ensure that all internal stakeholders are brought into the organisational mission and ensure ongoing report-backs on progress.
- Oversee the execution of the strategic plan.
4. Financial Administration and budgets
- Set the yearly organisational budget in consultation with the Treasurer.
- Ensure adherence to the budget and maintain tight oversight of organisational expenditure.
5. SAZF Portfolio Management:
- Youth Movements and Youth Council
- Aliya and, support Shlichim to Aliya and Mishlachat
- Constituent organisations
- SAFI (South African Friends of Israel)
- Women’s Organisations
- Jewish National Fund (JNF).
6. Relationship Building and Outreach
- Build and sustain strong relationships with the SAZF Cape Council MANCOM, Executive and National SAZF professional staff and lay leadership.
- Build productive and sustainable relationships with key individuals and organisations, from within the Jewish community (locally and nationally) and outside of the Jewish community; within South Africa, Israel and around the world.
- Represent the SAZF at meetings and events as and when required.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
1. Education and qualification
- A relevant tertiary qualification (degree or diploma) is essential.
2. Work experience and industry exposure
- Minimum 3- 5 years management experience is essential, experience in a communal or NGO environment is desirable.
- Experience with financial management (budgets, costing and finance) and fundraising.
- Experience with building and running educational programmes is a distinct advantage.
3. Strong Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of the English language is essential with the ability to drive organisational communication and correspondence
- A good listener with the ability to communicate in a responsible way with different stakeholders
- Clear, concise and efficient communication style with the ability to effectively liaise with people from all ages, stages of life and streams of Jewish Religion.
- A natural networker, able to serve as an effective and inspiring organisational ambassador.
- Able to manage difficult situations and personalities in a calm and rational manner
- The ability to build productive relationships with the Jewish and broader community
4. Administration and Organisational Skills
- Strong organisational skills including planning, delegating, programme development and task facilitation
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to manage budgets, project invoices etc.
- A confident team collaborator who is self-driven and has an organised and systematic approach to their work.
- A flexible individual who is able to work autonomously while maintaining open channels of communication with a team
5. Specific Requirements
- An understanding and/or interest in the Israeli political and social landscapes.
- A passion to promote the cause of Zionism and Israel.
- An interest in and good grasp of both the local Jewish Community and general Jewish culture.
- Comfortable representing the organisation at Jewish and other religious events and institutions.
- Conversational proficiency in Hebrew is an advantage.
- Some national and international travel may be required
Please click on the APPLY NOW / DOWNLOAD APPLICATION button below which will take you directly to Google application form.
Closing date for applications: 16 January 2023
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the deadline date for applications, kindly consider your application to have been unsuccessful
|Job Category||Business & Management, Community & Social Welfare, NGO/NPO|
|Location:||Gardens, Cape Town|
|Nature of contract:||Permanent|
|Hours of work:||Full Time|
|Salary range:||CTC package (commensurate with experience)|
|Benefits:||Pension and medical aid, Discretionary Performance-based bonus, all Jewish Holidays off, Parking, petrol reimbursement and cell phone allowance.|
|Closing date for applications:||16 January 2023|
|Interested?||Please click on the APPLY NOW / DOWNLOAD APPLICATION button above which will take you directly to Google application form.|